Houston Visitor Visa Attorney

Need to Apply for a Visitor Visa or Border Crossing Card to Enter the United States? Iyer PLLC Can Help!

Need to Apply for a Visitor Visa to Enter the United States? Iyer PLLC Can Help! Based in Houston and proudly serving clients in in Houston, Pasadena, Sugar Land, Conroe, Baytown, Katy, Clear Lake, Pearland, League City, Richmond, Spring, Humble, Kingwood, Stafford, Cypress, Fulshear, Missouri City, and The Woodlands. We also take immigration cases nationwide.

Do you want to enter the United States temporarily for either business, pleasure, medical treatment, or other special circumstances? If so, a B-1/B-2 visitor visa or a border crossing card may be appropriate for you. Iyer PLLC can help you through the visa application process, the visa interview, and any waivers if necessary. When your case is handled by Iyer PLLC, you can be sure that you are getting the highest quality help.

Obtaining a Visitor Visa

Generally, a visitor visa permits the holder to enter the United States temporarily for some defined purpose, whether business, pleasure, medical treatment, or other special circumstances. Provided that the stay actually has a time limitation and is not indefinite, the actual duration of a visa holder’s stay may exceed six months or even a year. To apply, the noncitizen must apply for a B-1, B-2, or B-1/B-2 visa, or a border crossing card, from the Department of State. Most applicants will apply at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in their home country. If successful, the applicant will receive a visitor visa stamp or a border crossing card permitting her to enter the United States as a visitor. 

You may consider applying for a visitor visa if you want to enter the United States:

  • to attend business conventions, conferences, consultations, and other legitimate activities of a commercial or professional nature;
  • to negotiate contracts;
  • to consult with business associates;
  • for tourism or family visits;
  • for medical treatment;
  • to participate in conventions, conferences, or convocations of fraternal, social, or service organizations;
  • as a dependent of a member of the U.S. military;
  • for a short course of study incidental to the primary purpose of tourism;
  • as an amateur entertainer or athlete;
  • to facilitate automatic naturalization; or
  • as a domestic worker.
  • for one of the other defined special purposes.

Types of Visitor Visas

Visitor visas include B-1, B-2, and B-1/B-2 visas, as well as border crossing cards. Generally, each visitor visa is subject to the same requirements, although the purpose for which the visa is issued may vary significantly depending on the holder’s personal circumstances. 

B-1 Visas for Business

Generally, B-1 visas allow individuals to temporarily conduct certain legitimate business activities in the United States. 

The types of business that may permit a person to receive this type of visa include: 

  • Business meetings with partners
  • Negotiating contracts and deals
  • Estate planning matters
  • Business conferences in your field

B-2  Visas for Pleasure

Generally, B-2 visas are granted to those seeking to enter the United States for tourism, medical treatment, or other special purposes. 

Call Iyer PLLC today to begin discussing your case with our legal professionals: (832) 430-3167.


Applying for a Visitor Visa

The exact application process for a visitor visa may differ depending on your country of origin, but most individuals must apply for a visitor visa from the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in their home country on Form DS-160, along with the necessary evidence. However, citizens of certain countries may be exempt from applying for a visitor visa under the Visa Waiver Program.

While further documents are sometimes required, the documents that you must have to successfully complete this process include:

  • A properly completed Form DS-160PhotographPassport with proper validity
  • Proof of fee payment

Talk to a Lawyer Today for Help with the Visitor Visa Process

Obtaining a visitor visa does not have to be confusing. Our experienced lawyer can help you obtain a visitor visa. We proudly serve our clients and we offer legal advice in English and Spanish. Our legal team has the knowledge to help you with your visa application. We can explain the process to you and guide you through every step of the way to obtaining your visitor visa.

Call (832) 430-3167 today to see if we can help.


  • South Asian Bar Association of Houston
  • Houston Young Lawyers Association
  • American Immigration Lawyers Association
  • Texas State Bar Association

Begin Your Immigration Journey

We Can Assist You in English & Spanish

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By providing my phone number to “Iyer & Associates, PLLC”, I agree and acknowledge that “Iyer & Associates, PLLC” may send text messages to my wireless phone number for any purpose. Message and data rates may apply. Message frequency will vary, and you will be able to Opt-out by replying “STOP”. For more information on how your data will be handled please visit https://www.iyer.com/privacy-policy/