Immigration Lawyer in Houston, TX
Helping You Achieve Your American Dream
The pathway to achieving your immigration goals is made much easier with our Houston immigration attorney by your side, especially because he knows what you’re going through. Attorney Vishal Iyer was born in India and immigrated to the United States under his father’s H-1B visa before becoming a lawful permanent resident under his father’s EB-1 Green Card. From there, he achieved U.S. citizenship.
As an immigrant helping immigrants, our lawyer very well knows what obstacles and challenges you may experience as you work toward accomplishing your immigration goals. The complicated processes, paperwork, and requirements involved in the immigration journey are burdens that can best be handled by a legal advocate who has walked in your shoes, like our very own Houston lawyer. We are based in Houston, and we proudly serve clients in in Houston, Pasadena, Katy, Sugarland, Clear Lake, Pearland, League City, Richmond, Spring, Humble, Kingwood, Stafford, Cypress, Fulshear, Missouri City, The Woodlands, and Conroe Texas. We also take immigration cases nationwide.
To schedule your consultation and learn more, please contact us online or at (832) 430-3167! We look forward to hearing from you.
Immigration Cases We Handle
Immigration is not a one-size-fits-all matter. Each individual has unique goals, which is why our attorney provides personalized, one-on-one attention for every client who walks through our doors. That being said, our practice areas span a broad range of immigration matters, including:
- Citizenship: Becoming a U.S. citizen, whether through birth or naturalization, offers various opportunities and comes with important responsibilities. Achieving citizenship shows you are committed to the U.S. and our form of government, so you should consider applying for U.S. citizenship for reasons such as:
- Voting rights
- Jury duty
- U.S. passport
- Opportunities to petition to bring family members to the U.S.
- Give U.S. citizenship to children born abroad
- Ability to work for the U.S. Government
- Opportunities to become an elected official
- Residency rights
- Eligibility for federal grants and scholarships
- Eligibility for some government benefits
- Green Cards & Waivers: Having a Permanent Resident Card, or Green Card, allows you to permanently live and work in the U.S.. To be eligible to apply for a Green Card, you must fit into one of the following categories. From there, your immigration lawyer will verify you meet the eligibility requirements, help you with the application process, determine if your family members can apply with you, and more. Generally, a Green Card case may involve:
- Family-Based Green Cards
- Employment-Based Green Cards
- Diversity Visas
- Special Immigrants
- Adjustment of Status
- Consular Processing
- Refugee Adjustment of Status
- VAWA Adjustment of Status
- U Visa Adjustment of Status
- Registry for Entry Before 1972
- Liberian Refugee Immigration Fairness
- Cuban Adjustment Act
- and More
- Waivers exist to excuse many grounds of inadmissibility for immigrants, including:
- Health-Based Inadmissibility
- Criminal History
- National Security
- Illegal Entry or Immigration Violations
- Previous Deportation
- Miscellaneous Inadmissibility
- Visitor Visas, Border Crossing Cards & Waivers: Looking to visit the United States temporarily? You may be eligible for a visitor visa or border crossing card. T Generally, this type of visa is meant for those coming for temporary business, pleasure, or medical reasons. However, there are a number of special visitor visas that may permit the holder to do more specialized tasks while in the U.S. Waivers are also available to visitors, including a fairly generous and nearly universal waiver under INA § 212(d)(3)(A).
- Deportation Defense & Humanitarian Immigration Relief: There are many forms of humanitarian immigration relief for victims of persecution, violence, trafficking, and abuse. These vital protections include:
- Withholding of Removal, and Protection under the Convention Against Torture
- Temporary Protected Status
- Deferred Action
- Cancellation of Removal
- Special Immigrant Juvenile Status
- U Visa
- T Visa
- Parole in Place
- Prosecutorial Discretion
Your Immigration Journey Starts Here
Your immigration legal needs are our priority. Our immigration attorney understands that you may have questions and concerns as you navigate the confusing processes and paperwork, so allow us to provide the answers and clarity you need to move forward with confidence. Every step of the way, we will represent your rights, update you on your case, and advocate for the best possible outcomes in your situation. We hear you, we care about you, and we are here for you!
Our lawyer is available to help clients throughout Texas. To get started, schedule your consultation online or at (832) 430-3167!
Begin Your Immigration Journey
We Can Assist You in English & Spanish